Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter retreat 2012

A number of my colleagues take retreats every year before Lent as a sort of "prep for Lent, Holy Week and Easter." During that time, I'm told, they research and plan services and sermons. I have argued that the real time for a retreat is during the Great 50 days of Easter ... the season of new birth that begins on Easter day. My idea of a retreat is refreshment, relaxation and recreation. So, I'm calling this time away in Costa Rica my Easter retreat. My mission (goal) is to enjoy the beach, spend time with an old friend and be refreshed.

My journey began this morning with an early flight to Atlanta. The picture in this post was taken at about 5:30 this morning in the Jackson airport. At this moment I'm on the flight to Liberia, Costa Rica. The flight time from Atlanta to Liberia is 4 hours, so we should. E arriving in about 2 hours.

I'm not gonna promise to blog everyday or even at all! But, if the spirit moves me I'll post some pictures and reflections from my retreat. Thanks again for the time off! Blessings on all of you!

No comments: